A safe online learning space for students
Teachers increasingly rely on online learning approaches to educate their students and supplement traditional classroom methods.
Those using the Charanga platform adopt Yumu to support their students’ music-making and learning outside the classroom and at home. Yumu currently supports over 2.5 million students.
Accessibility and inclusivity
Yumu is a secure online space where students learn, play and develop their musicianship by:
- completing assignments that you set using your own favourite resources or Charanga’s
- engaging in independent learning, chosen from a range of exciting Yumu Packages
Who can use Yumu?
Teachers using Charanga’s Musical School programme can use Yumu to support every child and young person they teach. It’s quick and easy to set up whole classes with usernames and passwords (similar to MyMaths and Mathletics).
Support for blended, hybrid and home learning
Sharing resources with students and supporting their music-making between lessons via Yumu is effortless. Teachers who are less familiar with the platform need only follow three steps to get started.
Support and guidance
To ensure you’re getting the most out of Yumu, Charanga’s wider platform and all Yumu Packages, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The videos below illustrate how easy it is to support students working independently at home.
Quick Start Video: Providing Access to Yumu
This video covers how a teacher provides access to Yumu and the various options available for sharing materials with students.
- What is Yumu?
- First, create a Student Group
- Add your students
- Download your students’ login details (as individual letters or a spreadsheet)
- Independent learning
- Share your own lessons
- Share a lesson from a Charanga unit
- Set the order of resources in an assignment and add due dates
- See how your assignments will appear to your students in Yumu
Quick Start Video: How Students Access and use Yumu
Once students have been set up with a Yumu account, this video shows them, their parents or carers, how to log into the platform, access its resources and complete any assignments set by their teacher. Teachers and students can log in to find more information, guidance and support on Yumu in Charanga’s Help section.
Try it yourself — take a free 30-day trial
See what Musical School can do for you and the young people you work with.
- ✔ No software to install
- ✔ Fully-functional 30-day free trial
- ✔ No obligation to subscribe afterwards
- ✔ No payment details taken